Bay Area transplant Paulie Rhyme (of live hip hop band Finless Brown) and San Francisco producer on the rise DeeDot (Melina Jones / Nate Krooks) have joined forces to bring you Public Radio. The two first met at a local hip hop show where both performed in 2004. From that point, Paulie Rhyme and DeeDot continued to build their names with their respective crews in the ever-growing Bay Area Hip-Hop scene. They kept in touch and politicked about the possibility of collaborating on a track or two.
Finally making it a reality in 2006, the chemistry and sound of the first session would evolve into a whole album - with DeeDot manning the boards and production and Paulie Rhyme on the lyrics. Public Radio is a tribute to the things we all love about Hip-Hop as our culture.
Cleveland bred Paulie Rhyme has been releasing independent records since the mid 90s and has worked with the likes of Heiruspecs, Tut, DJ Lord Jazz, OddJobs and 4th Disciple. DeeDot has worked with many artists, such as Rock (Boot Camp / Heltah Skeltah), Mind Complex and Melina Jones (Female Fun Music).
The Public Radio LP features guest appearances by Rasco (Cali Agents), Tableek (Maspyke), Khai Sherrieff (Lunar Heights), Moto (Key Of Soul / Finless Brown), and more.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- The UK's Dubplate Drama Series Returns To Tv, Mobile And The Web - 12/09/2007 17:00
- New Banksy, Sick Boy, D*Face in Canterbury - 10/09/2007 12:57
- Idris Elba Brings Hollywood To London - Bfm International Film Festival - 03/09/2007 17:00
- Capone Reunites With N.O.R.E. To 'Talk His Shit' - 31/08/2007 02:40
- Win 16 Bars On Capone's New LP - 31/08/2007 02:34
Older news items:
- Bottletop - Sound Affects: Brazil MP3 [Mr Bongo] - 30/08/2007 14:50
- International Songwriting Competition (ISC) Deadline Approaching - 29/08/2007 17:00
- Hugo Urban Rules Is Back - 28/08/2007 17:00
- Monkeys 7"s on radioreverb.com - 28/08/2007 15:32
- DMC World DJ Championships Weekend 2007 - 24/08/2007 17:00