Graffiti artist and owner of the RareKind gallery David Samuel has, understandably had a long running obsession with all things ‘underground’. Always on the lookout for something new and innovative to set RareKind apart from the competition David relished the opportunity to introduce the pieces into the interior of the shop and has gone back to his roots by piecing the doors himself.
“We don’t just have the double doors”, says David, “We were also lucky enough to get hold of one of the carriage dividing doors, as well as some of the old hand rails and some windows. All of which will ultimately get battered with graffiti of course! I have been trying to track them down for months, and having them installed in the shop is amazing. We have so much going on in the gallery including an in-store with Dubbledge to promote his new album Richest Man in Babylon on the 8th November and a RareKind 10 year anniversary Task Force jam in December, I wanted the place looking fresh”.
With a massive range of ‘gift-worthy’ products also now in store and Christmas coming up, the newly designed RareKind Gallery promises to be a massive draw for shoppers and graffiti fans alike.
- RareKind 104 Trafalgar Street , Brighton , BN1
- 01273 818170
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- RWD In Stereo Thurs 15 November At Dingwalls - 13/11/2007 14:46
- Shlomo Human Beatboxer Becomes Artist In Residence At Southbank Centre - 11/11/2007 17:00
- Mr. Midas, Winner Of The Best Newcomer At The Urban Music Awards - 09/11/2007 05:20
- Are You The CK One? - 07/11/2007 13:20
- Hip Hop History Month - 05/11/2007 14:26
Older news items:
- Speakers Corner Demise - 29/10/2007 16:04
- Kelly Rowland Goes Supersonic With Young Londoners - 28/10/2007 17:00
- Marvin Returns - New Single, New Video And Touring With Lethal Bizzle - 28/10/2007 17:00
- Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - 28/10/2007 17:00
- Kano - Feel Free Out December 10th - 26/10/2007 17:00