Chosen from hundreds of submissions, all Rawkus 50 artist profiles can be viewed on http://my.rawkus.com/group/rawkus50. My.Rawkus.Com being a community platform that both blogs and artists share. A total of 650 exclusive tracks, representing 50 albums, will be available for digital download at iTunes and other relevant digital retailers worldwide. Each artist also has the option to independently release the music in physical CD form. All artists receive the marketing and promotion of Rawkus founders Brian Brater and Jarret Myer, who conceived of the Rawkus 50 as a countermeasure to falling CD sales and a general decline in artist development at music labels.
The Rawkus 50 member diversity, cumulative artistic strengths and touring capacity are evident; however, the Rawkus Network will provide coverage throughout its community of blogs with additional on-line promotion via its social network, worldwide digital distribution, print ads and a series of Rawkus 50 events.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Shuko, The Gunna and Mick Boogie drop Brooklyn Soul - 30/12/2007 08:31
- Nicolay To Release Time:Line In Early February - 29/12/2007 17:00
- BASS Festival 2008 Commissions - 12/12/2007 03:13
- Lil' Rascals - Bang Your Headz CD [GFUK Records / Defenders LOS] - 09/12/2007 17:00
- Are You The CK One? Winners To Be Announced On Kiss And Galaxy - 05/12/2007 17:00