"I'm tired of charging for everything. I like the idea of giving something away once in a while", says Baje One, "if only to give back to everyone who's supported us up to this point". Indeed, the EP promises to be the first in a series of free music from Nuclear Family, the collective that spawned subgroups Junk Science and Iller Than Theirs, among others.
'Weightless' shows a slightly more serious, contemplative side of Baje. "It's a handful of songs that I wrote right after we finished the Junk album. So I guess some of them are ideas that wouldn't necessarily make sense in that context. It's more about where I'm at than where me and Snafu can meet in the middle".
For 'Weightless' Baje enlisted production from fellow Nuclear Fam members J. Howells Werthman and Scott Thorough, but he also stepped outside of the crew for tracks from Therapy (The Smile Rays, The AB's) and Willie Evans Jr. (The AB's). The EP also features strong performances from several guest emcees from Baje's extended music family in NYC. The title track features Mercury (The Dugout), and 'Computer Rock' features verses from King Gutta I (The Project) and Starpower (The Dugout).
Complete production info is zipped in with the music.
You can get it here for free: http://store.definitivejux.net/store/artist_junk.html
The Weightless EP Track List:
1. Pan In A Flash (prod. by Therapy)
2. Weightless (feat. Mercury, prod. by J. Howells Werthman)
3. Computer Rock (feat. King Gutta & Starpower, prod. by Scott Thorough)
4. Lovely Days (prod. by Willie Evans Jr.)
5. I (no) O U (prod. by J. Howells Werthman)
6. Mission Statement (prod. by J. Howells Werthman)
Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- EMI Owner Hires Bryant K. Oden for A+R Consultancy - 27/02/2008 13:20
- Truth & Soul Presents El Michels Affair ft. Raekwon and Wu-Tang - 26/02/2008 17:00
- Renowned Halftime Show on WNYU to Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary on March 5th - 26/02/2008 12:27
- Want Respect? And Si Begg - 20/02/2008 17:00
- Mobo Award Finalist Set To Perform At Ghana's 51st Independence Celebration - 18/02/2008 17:00