With this being the third Black Grass album, according to Mex it mirrors another famous trilogy. “This album is my Return of the Jedi, whereas ‘A Hundred Days In One’ was my Empire Strikes Back and was quite dark, this is more fun with a couple of Ewoks thrown for laughs. Rest assured I won’t be ruining it with a load of unnecessary CGI though”.
Among the guests on the album, J-Live stands out as a highlight. "The J-Live track came about by chance really. I heard he was playing in Brighton so I managed to hook up with him and we recorded the track the very next day".
Mex's career spans 20 years and during this time he has built up a reputation as one of the most talented but under-rated DJs. He was resident at the seminal Brighton night 'Knowledge of Self', then moved on to open for the likes of OC, Jurassic 5 and Big L whilst also producing the self-titled album 'Black Grass' in 2004, and then the critically-acclaimed follow up 'A Hundred Days in One' in 2006.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- I Like It Like That - Fania Remixed CD [Mr Bongo Records] - 21/04/2008 17:00
- Triple Darkness - The Heresy Presents: Anathema CD [Higher Heights] - 18/04/2008 17:00
- Mariah Carey - E=MC2 CD [Def Jam / Mercury] - 18/04/2008 17:00
- Little Vic - Each Dawn I Die EP [Orena] - 11/04/2008 02:57
- Freyed Knot - That Bradfunk LP [Sinoptic Music] - 06/04/2008 17:00
Older news items:
- Verbal Kent - Fist Shaking CD [Molemen] - 05/04/2008 07:53
- Kiss Presents The Mix Tape CD [Warners] - 01/04/2008 13:53
- K'naan - The Dusty Foot Philosopher Deluxe Version CD [Interdependent Media] - 26/03/2008 05:50
- Instance - Dem*o*graph*ic CD [Crackhouse] - 19/03/2008 08:54
- DJ Furious Styles - PMP Mixtape CD [PMP] - 18/03/2008 09:37