Featuring Khia's straightforward attitude and no holds barred lyrical content, her latest effort is chock full of nasty tidbits, gritty raw beats, and Khia's knack for outrageous storytelling. On "Be Your Lady" Khia's rhymes about her latest male conquest leave nothing to the imagination: "We fuck in the car / We fuck in the house / I'll fix you breakfast butt naked while you eatin' me out". The scandalous lyrics are dropped over a derrty Southern beat with a head-nodding club flow.
The second single, "What They Do" featuring Gucci Mane, is steeped in synth keyboards and hand claps that act as a background for Khia and Gucci's wild stories about nights in Atlanta's strip clubs. Khia rhymes, "Drop low to your knees / Boy whistle on it / Then put that wood on it / Come in like you paid for it". The album also features a series of skits, both musical and comedic, that confront Khia's haters and are sure to spark new rivalries.
On each track Khia commands the listener's attention by being what she knows best; herself. Khia makes no attempt to fit into the mainstream mould or tone down her image to placate music execs or concerned parents. Instead, Khia is intent on an explicit musical revolution that is equal parts shocking and hilarious, all in the name of entertainment.
Nasti Muzik will be released August 19th, 2008 on Fat Cat Records and Tommy Boy Distribution.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- N.E.R.D. - Seeing Sounds CD [Interscope] - 15/06/2008 04:22
- Lil Wayne & DJ Drama - Dedication and Dedication 2 mix tapes [BCD Music Group] - 12/06/2008 13:58
- Adulthood Soundtrack CD [Altered Ego] - 09/06/2008 14:55
- Delicious Vinyl All Stars - Rmxxology CD [Delicious Vinyl] - 05/06/2008 04:38
- Tanya Morgan - The Bridge EP [Interdependent Media] - 02/06/2008 15:38