Previously heard (and still sounding great) tracks like ‘Imagination’ and ‘In My Blood’ (still one of my favourite 10Shott tracks) are mixed in with new full tracks, concept verses, collaborations, re-workings and even a preview of the forthcoming album ‘Groundbreaker…A Di Real’ (‘Snizzle’ ft. Malik from MD7).
There are a whole bag full of standout tracks here: ‘Pimp Lord’ is Tenny at his story telling AND rhyming best, ‘Jokers’ incorporates an electro-house beat with integral choral laughs - seriously - and ‘Asking for Too Much’ featuring Nadia Pearson is a tongue-in-cheek trip inside a jealous and controlling mind. ‘The Boodah Man’ shows off 10Shott’s production skills and innate ability to write a simple but cachy hook.
From dramatic opener ‘The Bigg Hitter’ (if you think that’s a theatrical entrance, wait for track 1 on ‘Groundbreaker’) to the closing ode to Wolverhampton (‘Wolverhampton’!) this CD is nothing but, to quote 10Shott, “large”. This is better than most albums I’ve heard in a while and it’s certainly had the most plays on my stereo.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Brotherman - The Dark / The Light CD [Silent Soundz] - 26/10/2008 17:00
- Kerfew - Om Shanti Mixtape CD [MI Music] - 23/10/2008 07:22
- Illustrate - The Stuff LP [Headcount Records] - 22/10/2008 17:00
- JVF Clique - Alternative Income [Clique Recordings] - 16/10/2008 15:30
- Dap-C And Dirty Sweet - Street Karma LP [NGU] - 10/10/2008 11:21
Older news items:
- M9 - 144,000 LP [Dark Matter Records / Kilamanjaro] - 10/10/2008 08:32
- Chronic Redeye - Knowledge is King LP [Chronic Redeye Music] - 10/10/2008 08:16
- Geejay - I Came To Represent LP [NGU] - 10/10/2008 07:55
- Rhyme Asylum - State Of Luncay LP [White] - 10/10/2008 07:44
- Sway - The Signature LP [Dcypha] - 10/10/2008 07:08