After the intro (which features real scratching - yay) proceedings proceed with Blak Twang featuring ‘Music Game’ which is good. Then his NGU compadres drop in on the well produced but just a little bit silly our crew is the best boasting track. The reason why it’s silly is that following this you get tracks featuring Lewis Parker, Fallacy, Sir Smurf Lil, Stylah, Mr. Drastick, Late, Tricksta and Conman and I don’t need to tell you that their crews are actually better.
Dap-C, in my opinion, is pretty nice with his on most outings and the more established guests here complement his concepts well. There are a nice range of sounds here; Dirty Sweet is more than just competent behind the boards as he harmonizes with the emcees and their content.
The version of ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’ on offer here (featuring Skinnyman, Supar Novar, Emceekilla, Karisma and S.Kalibre) is nowhere near as good as the one on the video included on the DVD, it’s disappointing that the album cut makes it boring. ‘Passing Me By’ sees Dap-C take on a track alone with slightly less effective results than when backed up by guests of ilk.
On the whole ‘Street Karma’ is worth picking up and you can get it now at most of the usual places.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Various Artists - HHB Radio's 'Grime' CD [OYM] - 26/10/2008 17:00
- Brotherman - The Dark / The Light CD [Silent Soundz] - 26/10/2008 17:00
- Kerfew - Om Shanti Mixtape CD [MI Music] - 23/10/2008 07:22
- Illustrate - The Stuff LP [Headcount Records] - 22/10/2008 17:00
- JVF Clique - Alternative Income [Clique Recordings] - 16/10/2008 15:30
Older news items:
- 10Shott - The Bigg Hitter LP [ZY Records] - 10/10/2008 08:48
- M9 - 144,000 LP [Dark Matter Records / Kilamanjaro] - 10/10/2008 08:32
- Chronic Redeye - Knowledge is King LP [Chronic Redeye Music] - 10/10/2008 08:16
- Geejay - I Came To Represent LP [NGU] - 10/10/2008 07:55
- Rhyme Asylum - State Of Luncay LP [White] - 10/10/2008 07:44