Chipmunk also hit the top three in the charts last month as a featured artist on Ironik’s single ‘Tiny Dancer’. Having been tipped by everyone from Radio One to GQ over the last six months, Chipmunk has finally become a bona fide superstar. Chipmunk’s new single is set to see him go supernova. ‘Diamond Rings’ is the perfect song for summer; a ska-influenced beat and an infectious chorus courtesy of newcomer Emeli Sande, together with Chipmunk’s clever wordplay makes this another winner.
18 year old Chipmunk, who is currently revising for his A-Levels, is putting the finishing touches to his debut album ‘I Am…’ due for release at the end of summer. It is already one of the most feverishly anticipated debuts this year. The Guardian called him the, “wunderkid of British urban music”.
Chipmunk has been hitting the festival circuit this summer. So far he has played shows at Glastonbury [26th June] and Wireless [5th July] to Love Music, Hate Racism [30th May] and is still to play Relentless Nass, an action sports and music festival [10th July].
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- DJ Jeppa And DJ Rasp Battle Their Way To Winning The UK Finals - 15/07/2009 13:44
- Skull To Perform At The Reggae Rising Festival - 13/07/2009 14:49
- Tiesto's Victoria Park Summer Spectacular - 09/07/2009 07:29
- Sway At Rich Mix Performing Tracks From The Signature 2 - 07/07/2009 12:48
- Holdin' Court At The White Heart, Basingstoke 11/07/2009 - 06/07/2009 16:00