He’s already roped in two of the most exciting names in the business to guarantee a truly un-missable event with electro pop chart-topper Calvin Harris as his main support and electro-soul-funkateers Sneaky Sound System third on the bill. Now, we are delighted to announce that Hadouken! complete the bill.
Those galloping pioneers Hadouken! burst onto the scene in 2007 with their hot-tempered mix of fluorescent colours, indie guitar music and grime creating a genre of their own in the process - ‘Grindie’. Everyone from the NME ‘This band is the Future’ to Mixmag ‘The Prodigy’s energy, Dizzee’s vocal delivery and Bloc Party’s indie-dance’ fell in love with them. With Mixtapes created on USB sticks and guerrilla video premieres their innovation blew minds - Hell, they even created their own summer festival for 10,000 people! And this summer see’s their very welcome return as they add yet another dimension to the event of the summer!
Away from the mainstage now and Last.fm and Don’t Stay In have come aboard to curate their own areas. 'The Don't Stay In Dance Floor' is where the UK's largest online club network presents London's Lost Souls. Domimik Eulberg (Cocoon & Traum) headlines the area while in close support are the DJ’s from Wet Yourself and Fabric residents. While, The Last.fm DJ Team will be hosting an All Dayer in their Last.fm Presents arena playing a selection of music from Last.fm’s hype chart; expect anything and everything from electro, house and techno to italo disco, booty bass and indie rock!
And let’s not forget the main event itself. As Tiësto continues to wow the crowds around the world, in particular with his record-breaking residency at Privilege in Ibiza, where he performs to over 8,000 ravers each Monday, in preparation for this show. The Victoria Park patrons can expect to be treated to a no expense spared, iridescent live show that will transform into a fantastical celebrations of dance music itself. Visuals will ascend to another level, lightshows will beam out as if into space, and of course Tiësto’s wondrously euphoric brand of dance is sure to reduce the audience to a sweaty frenzy.
Tiësto Live At Victoria Park (with Calvin Harris + Sneaky Sound System + Hadouken!)
Friday, 31 July 2009, 3pm - 11pm
Tickets – General admission: £36 w/ booking fee
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Tinchy Stryder Calls For Nominations For The Vinspired National Awards 2009 - 31/07/2009 05:26
- Urban In Ibiza Hits The White Isle - 28/07/2009 06:22
- Jody Solo Exhibition - 22/07/2009 13:03
- DJ Jeppa And DJ Rasp Battle Their Way To Winning The UK Finals - 15/07/2009 13:44
- Skull To Perform At The Reggae Rising Festival - 13/07/2009 14:49
Older news items:
- Sway At Rich Mix Performing Tracks From The Signature 2 - 07/07/2009 12:48
- Holdin' Court At The White Heart, Basingstoke 11/07/2009 - 06/07/2009 16:00
- Chipmunk Drops Diamond Rings Today - 06/07/2009 14:15
- Freesat Boosts High-Definiton Choice With Bet Awards 2009 - 02/07/2009 07:16
- New Nneka Release - 02/07/2009 03:09