Sleaze, a Bromwich boy transplanted to the south, retains his accent as he raps frenetically on tracks such as Wild Sumerian and Bembine Triad - which frankly, aren't as deep and thinky as I think Sleaze would like them to be. Mr. Trismegistus does stand out from the pack but mainly because of the fact that his rap style will not be to most people's taste - something he's aware of as the press release states "13 tracks of how Hip Hop should not be flavour of the week". Theolovision claims to be the brainchild of a theologist and historian amongst other things - I'd like to see those influences shine brighter, I'd like some real light bulb moments and I'd like some more insightful lyrics.
Sleaze has reeled in a list of likeminded MCs such as Ruffstylz, Lee Scott, Gramma Marksman, Super Dertie to vibe alongside this likeable but hard-to-swallow MC (No homo!). Stand out tracks are Wild Sumerian featuring T-Bone and Illmystic and Success (Worked My Whole Life For This).
Theolovision is out now and available at Suspect Packages and who knows, you might really feel this.
Read more at: Certified Banger
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- The Killer Meters - Breakin' Out LP [Breakin Bread] - 09/09/2009 13:15
- Thavius Beck - Dialogue LP [Big Dada] - 01/09/2009 09:19
- Trillogy - Love, Life, Loyalty LP [SMG] - 01/09/2009 07:17
- Jern Eye - Vision LP [MYX Music] - 05/08/2009 13:41
- Sic Osyrus - Sic O Nomics 3 CD [Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes] - 26/07/2009 05:54
Older news items:
- Mike Faceless - Heir To The Throne LP [Faceless Entertainment / Gutterbomb Records] - 13/07/2009 04:12
- Juice Aleem - Jerusalaam Come LP [Big Dada] - 11/07/2009 16:00
- Ancient Astronauts - We Are To Answer [ESL / Switchstance] - 12/06/2009 10:05
- Resin Dogs - More CD [Hydrofunk Records] - 12/06/2009 09:39
- Nemesis and Arrogance - Da Real Sho CD [Real Records] - 09/06/2009 09:58