Returning to the Bristol scene refreshed and reinvented, Jody’s first solo show draws inspiration from the barrage of slick and cynical imagery portrayed through fashion and advertising. No picture can be truly trusted - we are subjected daily to hyper retouched, overly sexualised and false imagery, making us feel aspirational, but at the same time, insecure about own selves. Jody digs just below the polished surface of magazine spreads, movie posters and advertising to uncover a sinister world of false idols and hopes.
Blank and hollow eyes stare back where once perfectly made up faces once did – imagery that was meant to be flawless is subverted, changing the intended meaning into something darker, disturbing and more powerful.
The show opens at the Weapon of Choice Gallery on the 14th August and runs until 13th Sept 2009.
14 St Michael's Hill,
Bristol, BS2 8DT.
Gallery opening times:
Tues/Wed 11 - 6pm
Thursday 11 - 7pm
Fri-Sat 11 - 6pm
Sunday 12 - 4.00pm
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Foot Locker's Be The Revolution Of You Campaign - 25/08/2009 13:10
- Reality, Fantasy, And The Web A Solo Exhibition From Mode 2 - 17/08/2009 13:42
- Sony Pictures Entertainment And Sony Music Entertainment Present 'This Is It' - 10/08/2009 16:00
- Tinchy Stryder Calls For Nominations For The Vinspired National Awards 2009 - 31/07/2009 05:26
- Urban In Ibiza Hits The White Isle - 28/07/2009 06:22
Older news items:
- DJ Jeppa And DJ Rasp Battle Their Way To Winning The UK Finals - 15/07/2009 13:44
- Skull To Perform At The Reggae Rising Festival - 13/07/2009 14:49
- Tiesto's Victoria Park Summer Spectacular - 09/07/2009 07:29
- Sway At Rich Mix Performing Tracks From The Signature 2 - 07/07/2009 12:48
- Holdin' Court At The White Heart, Basingstoke 11/07/2009 - 06/07/2009 16:00