Love is the follow-up to their welcome resurgence after the 2007 Grammy-nominated UMTV release, Motown: Hitsville USA which went Platinum here in the UK. Reuniting with producer Randy Jackson, Boyz II Men have made yet another timeless record with Love, singing romantic hits as only they can, with flawless harmonies delivered straight from the heart.
Love brings together a refreshing and eclectic group of songs from a variety of genres as personally selected by Shawn Stockman, Wanya Morris and Nathan Morris. The group made its unexpected, and surprisingly cohesive, song choices for the album based on their sheer love of the tracks, and their desire to make them their own with undeniably successful results.
Highlights include soulful renditions of Take That’s “Back For Good” and Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me”, Journey’s soaring “Open Arms”, Chicago’s contemplative “If You Leave Me Now”, The Beatles favourite, “In My Life”, “Amazed”, most recently covered by Lonestar, and a special guest duet with the incomparable Michael Bublé on Nat King Cole’s, “When I Fall In Love”.
Boyz II Men have been hailed as the most commercially successful R&B group of all time. The group has sold an estimated 60 million recordings in a spectacular career about to celebrate its twenty year anniversary in 2010. The trio continue to perform to sold-out audiences all over the world, in addition to being sought after for high-profile TV engagements.
Over the last two years, Boyz II Men have made such memorable appearances as their hits medley on our very own X-Factor, a duet with Justin Timberlake and Al Green on the 2009 Grammy Awards and an appearance on US hit show “Dancing with the Stars” (Their version of “Strictly Come Dancing”).
Producer Randy Jackson has stated, “I think they are one of the best groups ever, in the history of singing. True artists always have staying power. They’ll be around forever”.
Of their new album, Boyz II Men each comment:
Shawn: “We remember how these songs made us feel when we first heard them, and we wanted to relive that experience by rerecording them now in our own way”.
Nate: “We have very visual memories of some of these songs growing up so the process of making this record felt totally natural”.
Wanya: “We love the lyrics to all of the tracks, as they’ve each had a huge emotional impact on so many people, including us”.
Back For Good: Take That
Could It Be I'm Falling In Love: Detroit Spinners
If You Leave Me Now: Chicago
I Can't Make You Love Me: Bonnie Raitt / George Michael
Time After Time - Kick Version: Cyndi Lauper
Iris: Goo Goo Dolls
Cupid: Sam Cooke
Shining Star: Manhatthans
In My Life: The Beatles
Open Arms: Journey
When I Fall In Love (ft. Michael Buble): Nat King Cole
Misty Blue: Dorothy Moore
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Madhat McGore - Stuck Behind The Lookin' Glass LP [Music Comes First] - 04/11/2009 08:34
- Dizraeli - Engurland (City Shanties) LP [dizraeli.com] - 29/10/2009 05:16
- Contact Play - Champion Fraff LP [School Bully] - 28/10/2009 04:36
- Squid Ninjaz - Revenge of the Blowfish - LP [Squid Ninja] - 28/10/2009 04:16
- EmceeKilla - Mind Of A Tehranist LP [Dealmaker] - 28/10/2009 04:01
Older news items:
- Karl Hinds - The Need To Be Heard LP [Ill Flava] - 07/10/2009 05:57
- Various Artists - Evolution Of Hip Hop Vol. 2 CD [Hip Hop Informant] - 21/09/2009 13:37
- Tactical Thinking - Too Broke To Go Solo LP [Tactical Thinking Ent.] - 21/09/2009 13:14
- The Killer Meters - Breakin' Out LP [Breakin Bread] - 09/09/2009 13:15
- Thavius Beck - Dialogue LP [Big Dada] - 01/09/2009 09:19