Bashy made his mark with his inspirational, epic debut single Black Boys back in 2007. Since then hit mixtapes (Chuppa Chups, Bashy.com) and film soundtracks (Adulthood, Shank) have followed. His debut album ‘Catch Me If You Can’ was released last year to critical acclaim.
A monumental collaboration with Kano and the Lebanese National Orchestra for Oriental Arabic Music for the Gorillaz’ highly anticipated album Plastic Beach resulted in the track ‘White Flag’. Already this year, Bashy has performed with Damon Albarn, Murdoc and co. at the Roundhouse and on ‘Later with Jools Holland’ promoting what has become one of the album’s stand-out tracks.
Over the coming months he will join The Gorillaz to headline at Glastonbury on the Pyramid stage, perform his own set in the Glastonbury Dance tent, support Chipmunk on his UK tour and embark on The Plastic Beach worldwide tour.
Bashy captivated the underground and is now making an effortless transition into the mainstream.
Tickets go on sale today, Friday 4th June.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- Chipmunk Debuts The New Foot Locker Adidas Top Ten - 04/06/2010 06:46
- The 80s Rewind Festival - 04/06/2010 06:39
- Cypress Hill Play Brixton 02 Academy June 15th - 27/05/2010 12:34
- Ty Album Launch At The Jazz Cafe - Bank Holiday Monday - 27/05/2010 11:56
- Tiesto Returns To London's Victoria Park - 24/05/2010 13:04