The Lyricism never fails to impress, the delivery is quick, and rhymes are still delivered with a passion thats visible.
The track itself is a bit less spectacular. The lyricism is amazing but, the tune doesnt seem to work its a mash-up of rock and Hip-Hop and the only time these two genres have really made a mark and worked (for me anyway) is when Run DMC worked with Aerosmith for Walk this Way.
Now Phesto rhymes superbly I cant fault him at all on that front but in terms of making the track work and maybe experimenting to see if these two genres rock and hip-hop would work well together just doesnt work for me.
I applaud whats been done and its true that Hip-Hop is one of the genres that you can experiment with and produce something completely different. I have to admit that the track still retains that classic sound though.
Head over to youtube, check it out and see what you think. Dont forget to check out the Interview I did with them at HipHopInformant.blogspot.com and of course on here!
By: Nikhil Sharma | http://hiphopinformant.blogspot.com
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Mog And Za - Bonded In Bombs EP [Standup Recordz] - 30/11/2011 12:23
- Sway ft Kano - Still Speedin' Remix 12" [3Beat] - 03/11/2011 14:00
- Inja - Laters Later 12" [INR] - 17/10/2011 14:48
- 2 Bit Thugs ft. Koaste and Farrah - Get Next To You 12" [Corrupt Music] - 11/10/2011 13:47
- AC - Prophecy For Profit EP [Indie] - 11/09/2011 06:18
Older news items:
- The Last Skeptik - No Train mp3 [Grindstone] - 05/09/2011 09:34
- Steelo 1 ft. Sneakbo, English Frank and DVS - City On Lock 12" [Direction Recordingz] - 18/07/2011 13:54
- Heavy Links - The Heavy Links EP [Heavy Links] - 26/06/2011 11:57
- Freedom of Press - Verified [First Son Records] - 23/06/2011 14:30
- Blaktrix - Sour Grapes MP3 [Skreemer Records / Associated Minds] - 09/06/2011 13:16