DOOM is the new alias of New York producer and rapper Daniel Dumile Thompson, who has previously worked under various pseudonyms including MF Doom, Viktor Vaughn, Danger Doom (with Danger Mouse) and Madvillain (with Madlib). An essential and outlandish figure in underground hip hop, he always covers his face behind a Dr Doom mask and has created his own universe centered around the world of comic books and Japanese monsters. His unconventional approach, linguistic dexterity and sick flow have gained DOOM an army of ardent fans from many different corners of the music world, and counts musicians of the caliber of Thom Yorke as some of his biggest supporters.
Kieren Dickins aka DELS is a new type of rapper (which is another way of saying that he's more than just a rapper). Applying the kind of attention to detail, micro-management and macro-vision which Jay-Z used to build a business empire, DELS makes art. Popular art mind you, but art all the same, with emotional peaks, musical innovation and surreal, brilliant lyrics, held together by such a unique, such a strong vision.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- DMC UK DJ Final And Battle For UK Supremacy 2012 Results - 31/07/2012 06:34
- Beardyman Plus Special Guests 22/09/2012 - KOKO, London - 31/07/2012 06:13
- DMC UK DJ Final 2012 - 20th July - The Garage, London - 26/06/2012 14:46
- Big Daddy Kane And Biz Markie Live In London 22nd June 2012 - 16/06/2012 02:56
- The Chrome Angelz Show At The Outsiders - 06/06/2012 12:34