The single and video were met with praise and acclaim, played on Internet radio shows worldwide as well as BBC Radio 1 and Base FM (NZ). The pair also released in May, a collection of 7" tracks entitled the 'Spring EP' to whet the appetite of listeners for a full-length project from the duo. Now, the debut album from Benny Diction and Able8, 'Life Moves' has dropped on the Boom Bap Professionals imprint. As you can expect the duo's chemistry shine throughout, bolstered by features from UK MC's Cappo, Zaman and Gambit Ace, US rapper Biz Bronze, Australian vocalists Julez and Myla Vinyl, as well as cuts from DJs Rasp and Sugai. Naturally, Benny's fellow Punning Clan members Tony Skank and Ro Jista also put in sterling guest appearances.
Benny Diction is an MC / musician with over a decade of writing lyrics, performing, organising and hosting events behind him. After moving to Liverpool in 2001, he started to rip open mics and became involved in long-running hip hop night Sunday Service. His collective The Punning Clan was formed in 2005, with close involvement from IDA UK/DMC battle champ DJ Rasp.
Both solo and with his crew, Benny has torn down stages at festivals and club nights across the UK and beyond, including Chibuku (Liverpool), Holdin' Court (Reading), Hoofer Doofer Festival (North Wales), Passauer Kunstnacht Festival (Bavaria) and Lyricist Lounge (Melbourne). Currently residing in East London, Benny also promotes and co-hosts monthly night Fat Gold Chain.
Benny applies tight quality control to both his own releases and his appearances on other artists' projects. This consistency, combined with his strengths as a host and live performer, make him one of the underground's highly sought-out MC's.
Able8 is a prominent music producer and beatmaker based in Melbourne, Australia. He has been writing and performing songs in various forms over the past nine years. During this time, Able8 has gone from strength to strength, whether it's fronting live bands as an MC himself, pushing buttons on electronic gadgets as a producer or working behind the scenes organizing and booking events. His own label 'Uncomfortable Beats' sheds light on Australia's under-exposed music scene, and his crew 'The Operatives' import the best world talent onto Australian shores.
Able8 is surely one of the hardest working creators and innovators in Australian beat-music and so his live shows, which have seen him support artists such as Hudson Mohawke, Machinedrum, Rustie, Lyrics Born, Bonobo, Harmonic 313, The Streets, Shlohmo, DJ Krush and many more, are testament to the fact.
The 'Life Moves' album from Benny Diction and Able8 is out now on digital and limited edition digipak CD release. Available via the BBP site http://www.boombappro.com and on iTunes and at http://www.suspect-packages.com.
Release Date: 22nd July 2013
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Sam Krats featuring Gee Bag and El Da Sensei - Annihilate MP3 [In the Line] - 21/05/2018 16:27
- Ric Branson - Uh Oh MP3 [Grand Vision] - 07/11/2017 23:45
- Carpetface - Don't Get It Twisted MP3 [NewBias] - 09/01/2017 22:32
- Kiko Bun - Where I'm From 7" [Island Records] - 22/04/2015 14:09
- Wild Style Breakbeats Complied By Kenny Dope 7" [Kay-Dee / Get On Down] - 04/08/2014 14:34
Older news items:
- Ill Defined - Champion MP3 [Ill Defined] - 25/03/2013 11:07
- Bizarre - IDWMD MP3 [AVJ Records / Red Head] - 11/11/2012 11:12
- DJ Suspect And Doc TMK ft. Carpetface And Audible1 - E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y. 7 - 07/11/2012 13:40
- Divine Count Stone - Move Up mp3 [Bullit] - 28/02/2011 14:25
- The Dubber - With A Feeling MP3 [Global Warning] - 13/09/2010 14:45