I am pretty much known as a raw raps lover. I think that Verses’ offensiveness sounds a little bit overdone, as far as I am concerned. His way of shouting out words would probably fit better into a rock or metal song. While the instrumentals and beats perfectly draw the unsafe atmosphere of the track, Verses’ voice shouts out a little bit too loud to my personal taste. Maybe Verses should soften it a little bit while still staying hardcore and offensive.
04. Damaging ft. Gutta
05. Raps My Hustle
06. Next Level
07. Super Villians ft. Word Perfect
08. Loose Moves
09. Out To Get
10. Rookie Hooker Show ft. Gutta
11. Roll Along (Skit)
12. Ready To Roll
13. Speak Words Superbly
14. Syllabalistics ft. Jibbarish
16. Unite To Fight ft. Gutta And Word Perfect
17. Over In 3
18. Satans Sidekick
19. Hunt Fakes ft. Gutta
20. Got Raps
All Beats Produced By Gutta, except Tracks 5,7,9,12,17 produced By Mr.G
Organ plus rapid drum beats are married with rapid flow delivery, that, unfortunately is spoilt by voices that sound a little bit too harsh to my ear. Super Villians featuring Word Perfect offers an insightful reflection about terrorism and its consequences. The instrumental background is quite complex and mixes up violins, keyboards, trumpets, drum beats, letting the listener anticipate the drama through an attentive ear.
In Syllabalistics, Jibbarish spits pure fire. Not only does the track put lyrics on the highest scale, it also enlightens beats, instrumentals and flow.
Globally, the artists did good work on the instrumentals and lyrics. However, the CD somewhat disappointed me, mainly because of Gutta and Verses’ too much irate voices that sounded a little bit too much overdone, as far as I am concerned. If it is true that the context of the ghetto often appeals to feelings of anger and rage, the artists’ voices shouldn’t sound like Marilyn Manson.
The CD is nevertheless rich of beautiful tracks such as Raps My Hustle and Syllabalistics that will brighten the artists' intentions.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Foreign Beggars - Stray Point Agenda LP [Dented] - 30/10/2006 00:00
- Manage - (Live) In Protest LP [Merciless] - 23/10/2006 09:29
- Braintax - Panorama LP [Low Life] - 22/10/2006 14:38
- DJ Semtex - GrimeWave, hosted by D Double E CD [Antidote] - 06/10/2006 00:00
- Stig Of The Dump - The Homeless Microphonist EP [Beer & Rap] - 02/10/2006 14:03
Older news items:
- The Talented Mr Convenience CD [FYP / SoulGood] - 26/09/2006 06:29
- DJ Pager - The Running Man CD [Bedroomhead] - 25/09/2006 02:28
- Maze - Here To Stay LP [M.I.Music] - 22/09/2006 08:13
- JVF Clique - Submerged Language Vol.1 CD [Clique Recordings] - 21/09/2006 12:43
- Kyza - The Experience LP [Pepa Records] - 12/09/2006 08:42