The remix starts off with a string tremolo that takes the listener back to a 1940's jazz club and quickly morphs into a futuristic vibe through the use of a funky reverb-filled counter melody that continues throughout most of the song. Some of the most beautiful moments in the song occur when the accompaniment unexpectedly drops out and the listener is left alone with only a single repeated bass note and Winehouse's shining vocals.
In describing the new version of the song, the label co-founders / producers / musicians Leon Michels and Jeff Silverman say that, "The end result turned into a mix up of Timmy Thomas soul meets Lee Perry, and of course, Winehouse’s future soul vocal stylings". Truth & Soul's remix is included on last year's December 11th release of the original "Love Is A Losing Game" CD single along with two other versions - the Kardinal Beats Remix and the Moody Boyz Original Ruffian Badboy Remix on Island Records.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Jaja Soze - Voice Of The Streets / Me And My Girlfriend MP3 [Public Demand Cartel] - 13/02/2008 06:32
- Highly Rated - Blackstars CD [Highly Rated Entertainment] - 08/02/2008 17:00
- Breis - The Identity EP [King Solomon] - 06/02/2008 13:51
- Highly Rated - Blackstars CD [Highly Rated Entertainment] - 06/02/2008 12:42
- One Be Lo - Gray CD [Subterraneous] - 23/01/2008 17:00
Older news items:
- Lupe Fiasco - Superstar CD [Atlantic Records] - 06/01/2008 17:00
- Triple Darkness - Anathema b/w Heresy ft. Kyza CD [Higher Heights Records] - 30/12/2007 09:31
- Nicolay And Kay - Tight Eyes ft. Oh No And The Luv Bugz CD [Nicolay Music] - 29/12/2007 17:00
- Context MC - The Dialectics EP - 15/12/2007 17:00
- Kel Spencer - The Building 12" [3rd Power] - 27/11/2007 17:00