Hip Hop Opera is a 90 minute film by Urban Concept for the Don't Trigger Campaign, which is a nationwide anti gun crime campaign featuring talented actors. The film is a fusion of docu-film, music videos and contributions from family of the victims across the UK who lost children to gun and knife crime.
Home Office minister Vernon Coaker said, 'incidents involving guns, gangs and knives in Britain, our inner-cities or anywhere else are an outrage and a tragedy, particularly for those personally involved. They're of huge concern to me personally, to my colleagues in government and to families and individuals across the country'.
'But government alone can't solve the problem. We need to work in partnership with police, communities and young people themselves'.
The film is supported by Families For Peace, MAMA, Mothers Against Violence, Mothers Against Guns Nationwide and Amnesty International.
By: Michelle Adabra
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- Mean Fiddler Founder Vince Power Returns With Back to Basics Festival - 19/03/2008 07:10
- Galactic Live At The Jazz Cafe - 17/03/2008 17:00
- P Brothers Release New Religion b/w Shoot 'Em Down Featuring Boss Money And Ress Connected - 17/03/2008 11:19
- Spader Clothing - 17/03/2008 08:36
- Lupe Fiasco Live In London, April 2nd At Koko - 16/03/2008 17:00