Produced by Geoff Wilkinson, ‘Life, Love and Gossip’ unravels twelve eclectic tracks of pure late night listening bliss. Rachael’s sings an exciting mix of Jazz, Latin and more contemporary Soul/R&B. From the lush, feel good opening of ‘Sunshine’ to the glorious swoons of ‘Fantasy’, the album takes you on Rachael’s personal journey through love and life.
‘Life, Love and Gossip’ explores the more soulful side of jazz and delivers music with a razor sharp edge. The songs are a delicate balance of sweet melodies and snazzy production but the real essence of the album lies in Rachael’s tender, sultry vocals.
Rachael began singing professionally at the age of 17 with local Dixieland jazz groups and an 18-piece big band. This baptism of fire gave her a wide repertoire of jazz material and she soon started writing original material, which in turn led to a broadening out of Rachael’s taste and a move into more soul-based writing and performing.
A short spell working as a nurse left her with a desire to gain a wider experience of life and Rachael joined the Police in her early 20s. She also has a black belt in the martial art of Sanchou. But the lure of the stage was too strong, and Rachael left to take up a professional singing career.
In 1999 she became a member of a gospel choir and sang backing vocals for the Spice Girls last UK tour. Song writing experiments continued, and in 2002 the song ‘La La Li’ was licensed by influential DJs Gilles Peterson, for his ‘Worldwide Vol. 2’ compilation, and Germany’s Rainer Truby, for his ‘Glucklich Vol. 5’ album, and subsequently became a dance floor favourite of jazz DJs throughout the world.
In September 2004, she joined Geoff Wilkinson’s hip-hop/jazz group Us3 and went on to perform over 50 gigs in 14 countries with them over the next twelve months. This led to writing and recording sessions in Geoff’s East London studio, and Rachael’s debut album ‘Life, Love and Gossip’ was born.
Whether performing live or flowing through your stereo, Rachael’s emotive singing will leave an indelible impression long after the lights have dimmed.
- Release Date: 20th March 2006
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Carpetface - Have Mic, Will Travel 2xCD [Newbias] - 06/03/2006 08:30
- Priceless - The English Poet LP [Quill & Ink] - 25/02/2006 06:56
- Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 1 LP [Scenario] - 25/02/2006 03:06
- Life - Realities Of Life LP [Zebra Traffic] - 21/02/2006 05:17
- DJ Samo - Just For The Record CD [New Bias] - 01/02/2006 00:00
Older news items:
- Riotakt - Lyrikal Warefare CD [Dissential] - 27/01/2006 05:19
- Double H (Hard Hitters) - Jackin' For Beats Volume 1 CD [Code Red] - 27/01/2006 03:53
- Reload - The Uphill Struggle CD [Inner City Productions] - 25/01/2006 08:00
- 10 Shott - Ghetto Brick Road CD [Wolftown] - 25/01/2006 08:00
- Maseo: Plug Three 'Presents M:P3 Classics Volume 1.0' [BME] - 23/01/2006 08:59