BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra’s 100% Home-grown presenter, Ras Kwame has for years been championing the sound of the underground and putting local talent on the forefront of the music scene. Having pushed the likes of Lethal B, Estelle and Skinnyman during the early days, Ras has once again delved into his bag of musical gems and come up with a selection of hotly tipped young artists ready to explode onto the main stage soon.
Urban Night hosted by the man himself will take place at The Borderline on 2nd June and the line up is definitely not to be missed. Headlining the night is none other than fan favourite, DJ Ironik, who Ras himself claimed could fill the whole venue on his own. Taking the stage will be London’s Sincere, whose Reppin London track razed the airwaves last year. Also on the bill is rising star, Million Dan, who just released his critically acclaimed debut album, Spektrum. Up & coming soulster, Donae’o and South London’s Grime head, Conrad the Scoundral round up the rest of the quality collective.
Radio 1 and BBC Asian Network’s star hosts Bobby Friction and Nihal bring a delectable dose of Asian fronted music to The Borderline on 4th June. Crossover artist Raghav, takes time of his hectic touring schedule to give us a taste of his fusion led style blending in hip hop, R n B, Reggae and Soul. Cranking up the Punjabi theme is Luton’s Des-C and multi cultural rock-tronica outfit, Elio D'Anna Jr and Vimana and London’s sexy starlet, Nosheen bring on the rock and roll.
City Showcase attracts people and artists from all over the world. For 5 days last June, music fans flocked to central London to witness 400 artists across all music genres perform at 35 different venues. From midday to midnight they mingled, browsed, shopped and listened to great live music. With venues ranging from Carnaby Street’s hippest fashion boutiques to St Giles-in-the-Fields Church and The Astoria the locations for the 5 day event promise to be as diverse as its many artists.
City Showcase returns to London on 2nd June and everyone is invited!
For more information or to book tickets please visit http://www.cityshowcase.co.uk.
A £5 wristband gets you access to all gigs at The Metro, The Borderline and Lark in the Park.
Guide to these events:
- Monday 2 June 2008 - Urban Night hosted by Ras Kwame, at The Borderline
- Wednesday 4 June 2008 - City Showcase Presents with BBC Asian Network: Hosted by Bobby Friction & Nihal, at The Borderline
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- DMC UK DJ Championships 2008 - 19/05/2008 17:00
- DJ Nonames - Shake Somethin' At Market Place - 15/05/2008 14:15
- KRK Launches New Rokit Line of Powered Studio Monitors - 15/05/2008 12:26
- Stanton DJ Introduces The Uberstand Laptop Stand - 14/05/2008 17:00
- Immortal Technique Live In London - Wednesday 4th June - 14/05/2008 06:33
Older news items:
- B-Live And Eclectricity Live At Birmingham's Custard Factory - 13/05/2008 17:00
- Music Royalty Join Forces With O2 Undiscovered - 08/05/2008 10:45
- BASS Festival 2008 - 07/05/2008 17:00
- Royce Da 5'9" Cancels His Participation On The Esham "Sacrificial Lambz" Tour - 02/05/2008 04:05
- Fila Centre Court Trainer Gets A Kicking - 01/05/2008 17:00