Jay Dee, born James Yancy, was a longtime Lupus sufferer. He died at home in LA on Friday 10th February. As well as being a founding member of Slum Village and part of hip hop duo 'Madlib' with Mc Madlib, Jay Dee has remixed & produced tracks for artists such as Busta, De La and ATCQ, and had just released an album of his production work called "Donuts".
Lynden David Hall was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma over two years ago, but still managed to release his third studio album "In Between Jobs" in 2005. His first album, "Medicine 4 My Pain" produced the hit singles "Sexy Cinderella" and " Do I Qualify" and the follow up "The Other Side" included the top 30 single "Forgive Me" & "Sleeping With Victor".
You can hear tributes to both of these men on 1Xtra by following the respective links below:
To find out more about Lupus, visit: Lupus Awareness
To find out more about Hodgkin's Lymphoma, visit: Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Peace and Blessings go out to the families and friends of both these men. May they Rest In Peace.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- Dem Franchize Boyz - I Think They Like Me CD [Virgin] - 06/02/2006 06:11
- Verb T & Harry Love - Delusion 12" - 03/02/2006 05:04
- PYMCA Photo Print Range Available At Produkt UK! - 01/02/2006 03:37
- Genesis Elijah - Industrial Revolution CD - 27/01/2006 05:02
- Life - Realities Of Life LP [Zebra Traffic] - 26/01/2006 09:27