Mr Jago will be showcasing new work on canvas, silk and paper and there is also an incredibly beautiful installation to see. There will also be the release of a new limited edition, 5 colour screen print (the featured flyer image), priced at £75 in an editon of 75.
When asked about the inspiration for his work Jago stated, "Of all weather phenomena, I find clouds the most fascinating from the silky-filaments of high-altitude cirrus to the towering, threatening mass of storm-bearing cumulonimbus; clouds are as varied as the new work itself". Regarding his thoughts about clouds he expanded, "I love cloud watching: from nowhere the fluffy mass morphs from a cunning fox with whispy ears into familiar faces. I see figures and forms everywhere: in water, carpet patterns, shadows, clouds; everything is an abstract character and they are free".
Mr Jago's loose line and organic flow are unmistakable: rich with heavy movement and perpetually shifting shape, he describes his work as 'itchy' and 'dynamic.' Purposeful robotic giants inhabit ethereal environments that envelope and enliven, constantly exploring notions of space and depth.
Mr Jago's latest body of work confidently displays a looser, more instinctive style, which embraces abstraction and plays with a mixture of mediums and hues in an ever freer manner.
The doors open open at 6.30pm.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Sway Signs To Akon's Kon Live Label - 25/09/2008 14:30
- Grandmaster Flash At Alize Remixed Event - 24/09/2008 17:00
- Foot Locker And Adidas Celebrate The Originals - 22/09/2008 17:00
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2008 Nominees Announced For The Best UK Act - 16/09/2008 17:00
- Foot Locker Unveils Adidas Bounce Collection - 10/09/2008 13:45
Older news items:
- Kanye West Glow In The Dark Tour - 07/09/2008 13:13
- New Edition's Ralph, Bobby And Johnny Form A New Group - 07/09/2008 05:59
- Stanton DJ Announces Affiliation With Dubspot DJ School - 06/09/2008 17:00
- Digga Signs To Atlantic Records - 03/09/2008 17:00
- Dizzee Rascal Announces November UK Tour - 03/09/2008 17:00