In 1986 Kool Moe Dee released his first solo album called ‘I’m Kool Moe Dee’. The album wasn’t a huge success but it settled his name as a solo artist in the hiphop scene. His second album, ‘How Ya Like Me Now?’, has been Kool Moe Dee’s biggest commercial success and reached platinum status. Of course one of the things he will be most remembered for was his long running beef with LL Cool J, the title track from the LP being aimed directly at LL. However there was no clear victor with both MCs still claiming victory.
Kool Moe Dee’s third record ‘Knowledge is King’ reached gold in 1989. His last album ‘Interlude’ was released in 1991, and was Kool Moe Dee’s last full length record. Since, he has done several guest appearances on recordings from rappers like Nas and Will Smith.
Kool Moe Dee is seen as one of hiphop scene’s most influential rappers. He was one of the first rappers to earn a Grammy award as well as being the first hip hop artist to perform at the Grammys. Amongst his biggest hits are ‘Go See The Doctor’, ‘Wild Wild West’ and ‘I Go To Work’.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- Klone - Street Artist From Tel Aviv - 28/01/2009 09:19
- Mike Marcus: Street Artist, Photographer And Self Hating Jew - 28/01/2009 09:19
- Is The Title Of Busta Rhymes Latest Single Racist? - 02/01/2009 07:47
- Palestinian Breakin' Breaking Through - 28/12/2008 08:31
- Grandmaster Flash's First Studio Album In 20 Years, 'The Bridge: Concept Of A Culture' - 17/12/2008 15:24