The single is instantly catchy from the cheeky intro to the stripped down beat and rock pop backing including guitar solo. The production leaves space for Justina’s sexy slightly strained vocal which tells a tale of relationships gone wrong on a grand scale. New York native Justina’s style, lyrics and attitude evokes artists such as Princess Superstar, Lady Gaga and Peaches from the half sung half raped vocal to the overt swearing right down to the minimal production.
None of this is a bad thing however and it is easy to see Justina catching the minds and ears of thousands of women with this song much like Kelis’s debut single Caught Out There and hopefully with the same popularity propelling effect.
And as long as she doesn’t write a song about me I’m behind her all the way!
Newer news items:
- Bizz aka Prince of Jersey - Rise of Autotune 12" [Blakglobe Records] - 13/07/2009 04:31
- Alley Boy ft. Gucci Mane - I'm A Smash It 12" [Duct Tape Ent.] - 13/07/2009 04:31
- Guilty Simpson - Stress 12" [Stones Throw] - 01/07/2009 12:48
- Drake ft. Nicki Minaj - Best I Eva Had Remix 12" [ATF] - 22/06/2009 13:32
- Charles Reed ft. D-Shep - Jook With Me 12" [Dadetown] - 22/06/2009 13:19
Older news items:
- Virus Syndicate - Malaria EP [Contagious Music] - 13/06/2009 11:54
- Steg G And The Freestyle Master - Cool / Big Bad City 12" [Powercut] - 13/06/2009 11:29
- Micall Parknsun - All 4 Hip Hop / Still Here 12" [YNR] - 13/06/2009 04:54
- Kyza - Sin City / Go 12" [Dented] - 13/06/2009 04:46
- I.Y.A.Z prod. J.R Rotem - Replay Mp3 [Time Is Money Entertainment] - 27/05/2009 13:16