The eight agents had their guns pointed at Ms. Mansour while having her stand in the same position for one hour in suspicion of a bomb being planted in her microphone which they had in their possession for ten minutes already. Ms. Mansour assured the agents the microphone was used for recording music and was then asked by an officer to sing her lyrics to him, they screamed at her and asked, "who she worked for, who bought the microphone, what does she sing about".
As the agents and officers shouted over one another she was also told, "we have found something planted in the microphone" all this transpiring while airport goers observed the entire ordeal. Although standard for Palestinians to be strip searched upon departure of Israel, Ms Mansour was made to lay down on her back as female agents pushed aggressively into her joints and neck. Once the female agents finished searching her the microphone was returned and Ms. Mansour was directed to her flight en route to London as though nothing had happened.
Ms. Mansour has stated, "For a few minutes I really thought they were going to take my life, the way they handled the situation literally made me feel like I was an attempted suicide bomber that had just been captured or something". No legal action has yet been taken.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- Featured Artists Confirmed For Gorillaz UK Tour - 08/09/2010 13:34
- Bestival May Be Sold Out... But The Line-Up Keeps Growing - 18/08/2010 16:00
- DMC UK DJ Championships 2010 Results - 26/07/2010 13:06
- Foreign Beggars Nominated At The Urban Music Awards - 20/07/2010 15:36
- Kano - Method To The Maadness Album And Tour - 20/07/2010 15:21