The unique Think Big Gig, which is being staged entirely by young people, is designed to celebrate the work of thousands of young activists who have participated in over 1,000 youth led O2 Think Big projects, in one special night.
O2 Think Big ambassador Wretch 32, said, "The idea behind the show is really simple: a celebration of young people, for young people, created by young people. Too often, the great work young people do day in and day out in their communities gets overlooked. The Think Big Gig is about standing up for young people and recognising that they do great things to support and improve their communities every single day".
Think Big Gig organiser and leader of Think Big project Mix Up, Chris Critchlow, said, "From the performers, to the production crew young people are behind every element of the gig. But more than just celebrating young people, we want to inspire more young people to start Thinking Big for their local community. That’s why we’ve opened the gig up to young people nationwide who can purchase tickets for only a fiver at Ticketmaster and join us for what promises to be an amazing night".
Wretch 32 and Chipmunk will be supported by a range of aspiring young music and dance artists, including: dance group and Britain’s Got Talent finalists Peridot; London based music group Bee Original Forever; creative theatre group, MISIDENTITY; rap duo MIXUP; The Essex Marching Corps and many more.
The gig will be presented by actor and musician Ashley Walters alongside youth activist Ben Osu. Tickets for the gig are available to the public online at Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/3500473C9E1C5159 priced at £5. All proceeds from ticket sales will go to support young people participating in O2’s Think Big youth initiative, a unique programme designed to back young people aged 13-25 to run projects and campaigns in their local community.
Venue: IndigO2 at The O2
Date: 25th October 2011
Time: Doors 7pm. Finish 11pm
About Think Big
O2’s Think Big initiative is an innovative programme designed to back young people aged 13-25 across the UK and help them harness their ideas, energy and passion to run projects and campaigns in their local community. The initiative works by putting cash directly in the hands of young people and supporting them to use the money in way which delivers a positive impact in their local area. In addition to the financial support, young people receive training and mentoring to help them tackle the local issues that really matter to them.
To find out more information about O2’s Think Big programme visit http://www.O2thinkbig.co.uk
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Hip Hop Comedy With Angelos Epithemiou, Jarred Christmas, Doc Brown And More - 15/11/2011 13:49
- The Game UK Shows Announced - 10/11/2011 13:43
- A Tribe Called Quest Special SOLD OUT - 2nd Date Added - 09/11/2011 13:04
- Devlin Live with Support At The Liquid Rooms, Edinburgh - 2nd December - 02/11/2011 15:09
- Congo Natty Vs Speakers Corner - Pioneers Special At Jamm On 21st October - 19/10/2011 14:20
Older news items:
- Farma G's 5 Word Freestyle Competition - Launch Party - £150 Cash Prize - 10/10/2011 14:24
- The Killah Coming Soon To A City Near You - 10/10/2011 13:55
- Snoop Dogg UK Arena Tour - 11/09/2011 05:53
- Dizzee Rascal Live At London's O2 Brixton Academy 6th October 2011 - 07/09/2011 04:50
- Pusha T Live At The Rhythm Factory - 24th September - 07/09/2011 04:01