This stunning collection of the wildest and the brightest in outlandish jewels treats readers to the decisive showcase of all things bling. Connoisseurs Reggie Osse and Gabriel Tolliver consider the influence of bling on the burgeoning 1980s hip-hop scene, unearth its possible historical exponents such as ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV, and bring the subject right up to present-day pop culture, showing how artists such as J-Lo and 50 Cent have carved their very personas by dripping themselves liberally in gold and diamonds. Mixing commentary with flamboyant photographs of hip-hop’s biggest stars, Bling reveals the history and the mystery of this ultimate extravagance with style.
So if you want to know your ice from your truck jewelry, how to go about cleaning and flipping your rocks, or if you simply wish to read a brilliantly well-informed history of hip-hop’s much-hallowed Golden Age, Bling will certainly illuminate you. All that glitters may not be gold but it's bound to be blingin’.
Reggie Osse is the Vice President of Audio/Music DVD at MTV Networks. He began his career in the entertainment law arena as an attorney in the Business and Legal Affairs department at Def Jam Records. Reggie currently lives in New York with his wife and three sons.
Gabriel Tolliver creates content across film/TV/new media and publishing platforms as a writer/producer/director.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- James Palumbo - Tancredi [Quartet] - 24/09/2011 09:42
- The Anthology of Rap - Adam Bradley and Andrew DuBois [Yale Press] - 28/02/2011 13:48
- Children Of The Can: 25 Years of Bristol Graffiti by Felix Braun - 28/10/2008 15:09
- Graffiti Planet complied and introduced by KET [Michael O'Mara Books] - 13/03/2008 12:51
- Banksy's Bristol: Home Sweet Home by Steve Wright - 28/01/2008 17:00