"The amount of feedback I've been getting on this project has been amazing." says English. "People see that we're a very small company with a unique approach to creating, marketing and producing music, and they want us to win."
An 11-track collection of original compositions, Cartel - Prepare For Glory is rapidly gaining popularity on a number of social networks and hip-hop related websites, but much of the anticipation for the album has been generated from English’s blog, www.hoodgrownrecords.com/myhood. The blog provides intimate details on the challenge of working with an upstart budget, and the struggle to gain mass media exposure.
The album will be available as a free download on the HoodGrown Records website and as a free CD in selected urban boutique music stores.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- BHHF Urgently Needs Your Help - 13/06/2007 17:00
- NSPCC Calls On Brown To Take urgent Action - 11/06/2007 08:18
- Oxfam Calls On Music Fans To Join The UK's Biggest Ever Music Festival - 10/06/2007 17:00
- Skull To Release Debut Single Boom Di Boom Di On iTunes - 09/06/2007 16:00
- The Urban Shop Sponsor EMC Gig - 07/06/2007 16:00