Live Nation and Roc Nation are proud to announce that Jay-Z will be playing a very special show; 'Jay-Z Live at the Roundhouse' on Thursday 17th September 2009. The show is in support of his stunning new album – 'The Blueprint 3' (out 14th Sept via Roc Nation).
Tickets for this show are limited and will be going on sale this Friday 4th September at 9am from http://www.livenation.co.uk.
Jay-Z is currently riding high on the airwaves with his brand new single 'Run This Town' (out this week) on which he has joined forces with Rihanna and Kanye West. 'Run This Town' is the first single proper to come from the hotly anticipated – The Blueprint 3 album, out in the UK on September 14 via Roc Nation. In the US, the record drops on September 11, exactly 8 years to the day since the release of the first Blueprint album.
“The trilogy has come full circle”, says Jay Z. “Blueprint encompasses the essence of those that influenced me. It pays homage to the soul music our parents played”. He goes on to say, “musically the album recognises that there is a generation of us that are influencing the next wave of artists. The album lays the groundwork for what can happen next”.
Jay-Z will also play a string of live dates with Coldplay in September, starting in Manchester, followed by Glasgow and two dates in London at Wembley Stadium.
UK Tour Dates:
September 12 Manchester, UK L.C.C. Club (w/ Coldplay)
September 16 Glasgow, UK Hampden Park (w/ Coldplay)
September 17 London, UK Live at the Roundhouse
September 18 London, UK Wembley Stadium (w/ Coldplay)
September 19 London, UK Wembley Stadium (w/ Coldplay
Some Jay-Z Facts:
– Jay-Z has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide.
– The Blueprint 3 will be Jay-Z's 11th studio album.
– First hip hop artist to headline Glastonbury in the UK
– 7-time Grammy Award Winner.
– 10 #1 Albums on the Billboard chart, tied with Elvis Presley and behind only the Beatles for the most of all-time.
– More #1 album debuts than any other artist in history with 10 total. (US)
– Co-Founder of Roc-A-Fella Records
– Co-founder of Rocawear clothing brand
– Co-owner of the NJ Nets
– Co-owner of 40/40 Sports Clubs with locations in NYC and Atlantic City
– Became the first non-athlete to enter into a major footwear co-venture with the S. Carter line for Reebok
– Partnership with Live Nation
– Partnership with Activision for DJ Hero to be released on October 27th
– Partnership with Carol’s Daughter skin care
Jay-Z Live at the Roundhouse – Thursday 17th September
Tickets go on sale on Friday 4th September at 9am and are priced atan eye-watering £50.00 and can be booked through http://www.livenation.co.uk (all tickets subject to a booking fee).