Jurassic 5 are renowned for being one of the most innovative and exciting hip hop acts of their generation, a reputation that’s built not just on the quality of their albums but also around the spectacle of their live shows.
Producer and DJ Nu-Mark’s use of a turntable strapped around his neck and a Fisher Price-style sampler provided the talking points on their 2004 UK tour and the spectacle of four accomplished and in-synch MCs in full flow is one that’s hard to surpass.
The band’s European tour will include seven dates in the UK, with London’s Brixton Academy providing the largest venue of the whole tour with a capacity of 5000. J5 sold out Brixton twice on their last UK tour two years ago.
The announcement comes in the run-up to the release of the band’s fourth album, Feedback, out July 24th. Q magazine have described the album as “hip hop like they used to make” while Big Cheese stated that “in this time of ‘gangster rap’ Jurassic 5 are more vital than ever”.
The full list of dates is below. All go on sale Tuesday July 4th at 9am.
- Tue 26th September – Bristol Academy £17.50 0870 771 2000
- Wed 27th September – Birmingham Academy £17.50 0870 771 2000
- Thu 28th September – Southampton Guildhall £17.50 023 8063 2601
- Sat 30th September – London Brixton Academy £18.50 0870 771 2000
- Wed 4th October – Manchester Academy £17.50 0161 832 1111
- Thu 5th October – Newcastle Academy £17.50 0870 771 2000
- Fri 6th October – Glasgow Academy £17.50
24 hr cc hotline: 0871 2200 260 or buy online: www.gigsandtours.com