The beat is most definitely back as tickets for Red Bull Beat Battle, 2007s most hotly anticipated B-Boy event are released on February 23rd via online ballot at www.redbullbeatbattle.co.uk.
Returning to a secret London location over Easter weekend on 7th April 2007, Red Bull Beat Battle will feature 8 of the worlds most talented 8 member B-Boy crews as they each perform an 8 minute routine that will be judged by the biggest names in the industry. Once again the event will be hosted by the legendary Crazy Legs with a big hip hop name making a surprise appearance to play out the sickest tunes on the night.
With a capacity for 1,300 spectators, tickets to this free event are strictly limited and will be allocated via ballot to those who register online at www.redbullbeatbattle.co.uk from Feb 23r until March 23rd. All applicants will be notified of their ticket status on 26th March by email with invitations sent out to those successful by post shortly after disclosing the venue details.
The only B-Boy event to be based uniquely on the 8 beat of hip hop, Red Bull Beat Battle provides each crew with an 8 min mix tape, created by a hip hop master DJ and delivered in a retro boom box. Each crew will then have only 8 weeks to choreograph and practice their routine in a bid to win the prestigious 2007 title and 8,000. The winning crew will also receive 8 exclusive solid silver graff inspired pieces created by legendary graffiti artist Mare 139.
Red Bull Fact File:
- 2007 Beat Battle Crews: 2005 Beat Battle Winners Flying Steps from Germany, FunkFloMavericks UK, Pokemon France, Knuckle Head Zoo, USA, Natural Effects Denmark, Drifterz South Korea, Flow Mo Crew Finland, One Peace Japan.
- Setting the soundtracks to the B-Boy crews will be the following artists: D.J.P, Jay-Roc n Jakebeatz, Calagad13, Dr Rubberfunk, DJ Woodo, DJ4Joy, DJ Tee and mix tape challenge winner DJ Mauz.
- The term B-Boys encompasses both men and women.
- Crazy Legs has been involved in the B-Boy scene since 1977, for more information on him and his crew, go to: www.rocksteadycrew.com
- The Red Bull Beat Battle first took place in Shepherds Bush, London on 5th November 2005. Over 800 spectators turned up to watch German B-Boys, The Flying Steps take first place.
- Red Bull has long been involved in the B-Boy scene, hosting infamous events such as; Red Bull Lords of the Floor in USA to Red Bull BC One in Berlin and Brazil, as well as the Red Bull Breakmasterz stage at Notting Hill Carnival.