Starting out as a dusty vinyl digger chopping breaks and samples in his MPC and progressing onto re-creating that sound with original compositions and live instrumentation. Soulah Re explains his sound as heavily influenced by the sounds of 60s RnB, 70’s soul, sounds of the blaxploitation era and 90’s boombap of his youth.
“Don’t get it confused” is an organic, funky Hip Hop joint and the debut single from one man band, with Soulah Re on all instrumentation.
Featuring 90’s rap star Grand Agent who has worked with legends such as Pete Rock and Jill Scott, alongside UK veteran Aslan of Twelve Jewelz and lyricist Mad Preacher. Scratches and Cuts provided by DJ Squiqz.
The remix is a more laid back approach to boom bap, perhaps more reminiscent of a chilled Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul style beat. The digital release includes instrumentals for both versions.
Cutz by: DJ Squigz
Original composition by: Soulah Re
Mixed and mastered by: Aslan and Red Lion for Tabernacle Studios 2020
Cover Art & Video by: Twelve Jewelz Visualz
- Website: https://www.twelvejewelz.com/soulahre
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtpLflvWxyr2vfqdOf3ft2A/featured
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulahRe/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/SoulahRE
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soulah_re/