Public Enemy have gone on to define a generation of African American music and are established as one of the fathers of modern black music. The Hip Hop giants Public Enemy, will make their first ever appearance in Birmingham at Digbeth’s iconic Custard Factory on the 3rd of December.
The performance at The Custard Factory is Public Enemy’s first gig in Birmingham and their appearance is testament to the growing musical culture in the country’s second city. With Public Enemy following The Sugarhill Gang’s appearance at Gigbeth in November, Birmingham will have hosted two of the most influential black artists of the last 25 years, in the space of one month.
Simon Jones, creative director of Custard Factory Spaces, says: “The Custard Factory has hosted some major international artists in 2008 such as Fleet Foxes and Basement Jaxx, and hosting Public Enemy is a great way to finish another highly successful year. It is also a big step forward for the music scene in Birmingham; venues in the city are starting to regularly host world renowned acts, not just from the UK but from all over the globe”.
For tickets visit www.theticketsellers.co.uk or call 0844 870 0000. Doors open at 7pm and last entry is at 11:30pm.
Tickets are on sale for £20, and are selling fast.
The Custard Factory Spaces is a diverse collection of music and entertainment venues situated in Digbeth, the bohemian quarter of Birmingham City Centre. The Custard Factory Spaces boasts a varied calendar of events throughout the year bringing acts such as Pendulum, Estelle, Calvin Harris, The Bays and The Supersonic Festival to the heart of The Midlands.
National tour operators Live Nation, ITB and GCap all regularly use the Custard Factory Spaces as part of their national tour circuit.
Related news items:
Newer news items:
- Lemar Announces Very Special Guests JLS for UK Tour - 23/01/2009 07:09
- Holdin' Court At The Funky End, Aldershot 01/02/2009 - 06/01/2009 15:32
- Ciara Hooks Up With Foot Locker For Download Exclusive - 21/12/2008 17:00
- Reain At Sensei FM Freestyle Session - 21/12/2008 12:40
- Guru Announces The Release Of His Second Solo Album - 23/11/2008 05:46
Older news items:
- M9 To Support The GZA - 13th November At The Electric Ballroom Camden - 31/10/2008 10:21
- Smirnoff Serves Up Entertainment Cocktail In Manchester - 30/10/2008 08:50
- Foot Locker And Pastry Serve Up Some Tasty Treats - 28/10/2008 15:43
- Rock The Bells 2008 Concerts Cancelled - 27/10/2008 17:00
- Mr P Of ATG - Solo show At Flaxton Ptootch - 23/10/2008 08:00